Old Mar 2, 05, 3:14 pm
rbAA

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
HR Hangzhou

Mad4Miles and I stayed at the new HR Hangzhou recently. I only had one night though. It is not finished yet, as the RC is not open, the pool and fitness centers were not open either. The hotel has that "new car smell" still. I was impressed with the lobby and rooms, with free wired HSI available. That will probably change once they finish though. The rooms and bath were as nice as the GH Shnaghai's, without the vertigo. As DIA's we had the full breakfast in the lobby cafe, which was great. Excellent selections of fruits, meats, cheese, made to order eggs, dim sum and just about anything you might want. The location is on the lake and we had rooms with lake views. I could see the pagoda from my room. The staff is excellent, very helpful and made a great recommendation for dinner at a local specialties place not too far from the hotel. They also helped me with arrangements for a bus trip back to PVG, including collecting my ticket on short notice and making sure the taxi driver took me to the correct "station." For about US$100, it was definitely a great value and some place I look forward to returning.