FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Self-service check-in machines are coming
Old Jul 3, 2003, 8:34 am
bounty

Programs: SMWS
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by edi-traveller:
Even the BA self service machine person was trying to help the poor BD pax at EDI yesterday morning.....

</font>
I managed just fine at EDI on Tuesday without BA, never mind bmi, help Having said that I was on an LH ticket....

The queue for LH and bmi check-ins were horrendous so I walked towards the self service area silently praying that the bmi machines had been installed; I've never been happier to see a computer (apart from that conference in Vegas a few years ago but that's another story).

Popped the appropriate coupon into the machine and off we went....

Seat selection is available - I changed my allocated EDI-FRA seat from an aisle to a window. Nice clean interface.

I was travelling on to MUC - the machine figured this out and asked for the appropriate coupon - during processsing it didn't show me a seatmap and when it spat out the coupon, I found that it had allocated me 36H

I reinserted the coupon to change the seat to something a bit more humane, but in fact I already had been allocated the "best" possible seat on the flight - the only green spaces were either behind me or in the middle of a 2-4-2 row.

My DC number was on the booking - the machine gave me a message that points had been credited, but did not say to which account (my Travel Agent sometimes use my Blue number, sometimes the Silver). I've just checked and the Tuesday flights have credited correctly - hopefully the point for todays flights will as well.