FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BD592 to be operated by Lufthansa today!?!
Old Jun 16, 2003, 10:36 am
pbsis

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Gaza:
I think the TA got this very wrong. They probably had a message from bmi about the aircraft change and made the assumption that your ticket was invalid. Route deal fares are normally only valid on the specific carrier and not on any codeshares. As LH were probably operating this for bmi on a charter basis with a BD flight number then your route deal should have been valid.

I can only assume that BD have some fleet problems. The A321 damaged by hail is probably still out of service and if they have had any other aircraft going tech they have leased in some short term capacity.
</font>
Well in the end there was nothing unusual about our flight at all. The plane was a standard bmi A320 with a fully bmi crew that I've flown with numerous times before.

It was strange when I looked into this further because the booking system (Galileo) did indeed indicate that the flight was a codeshare. However, when I looked for the same flight under Lufthansa, then the flight didn't exist (and wasn't in their timetable either).

So basically the bmi / flight system thought the flight was a codeshare being operated by Lufthansa, but actually had nothing to do with them...

I'm now just annoyed that they've basically overcharged us by nearly £200! I don't think it was the TA's fault as they called bmi to query why they weren't able to book the corporate fare.

A little complaint to bmi may be in order...