FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Getting through security with an e-ticket print out
Old May 19, 2003, 1:10 am
kt74

Programs: BA Gold (and other non-status plastic)
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ajamieson:
Apparently - and I cannot get this confirmed - DoT rules state no-one should pass security without paperwork which is valid for travel. In other words, BAA plc is claiming BD's gate and lounge check-in is a breach of regulations (and always has been) when using e-tickets. Sounds ridiculous to me, but that's what two separate BAA supervisors have told me. Things came to a head last week when I confess I threw a hissy fit at LHR for being turned back by the security staff despite having queued for 10 minutes to actually enter the searching area. I had to go back to check-in, get a BP, queue again; at 0700 this meant the whole procedure from the Heathrow Express to the lounge took some 40 minutes. Thing is, they let me through three days ago with the same itinerary receipt with no questions asked.</font>
V irritating, but I guess it might be solved soon by electronic check-in kiosks? Or is that wishful thinking?!

A similar issue: I often buy blank, undated, but totally "valid for travel", tickets (full-fare, routepass, etc). I've been waved past by (very confused) security people at LHR, but am not sure that's totally legit... I wonder if they'll start cracking down?