FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DANGER!! DANGER Will Robinson! My sensors detect a major programme change!
Old Apr 24, 2003, 4:34 pm
Bond Boy

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by StarAllianceGold:

It's a bit low to make the redemption three times worse and effectively give no notice.

The website looks like a rush job. There's a couple of broken links and the Mastercard page refers to a table which isn't there.

</font>
Agree - timescales are very short notice ! If I had not been on FT and had not checked the website, I would not have known about it at all. When will they tell people (I know some of you have already been told but it is not hard to do a mail (or email) run to the FF customer base.

Some of the tables are not even part way there at present for redemptions and earnings and these are the big questions we all seem to have initially. Still, hopefully they will load them over the weekend.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by BAorbmi?:
I think the Amex MR converstion rates remain the same, as previously it was 35MR to 1 destination point, now it is 35MR to 30 destination miles, which is the same multiplier used to convert points to miles...

In Bond Boy's example, I think the bmi redemption rate has improved significantly. The previous redemption of 2500 points which is equivalent to 75000 miles (2500 x 30 = 75000)is now reduced to 50000 miles.

So from what I can see there's no improvement from Amex and the bmi credit card is now the best.

</font>
Agree with that now I look at it BAorbmi?. Looks like they made the route cheaper for me. As long as there is award availability on the specific config, I can now get a flat bed to JNB (voted best biz class airline to Africa for years and years now) for 75,000 compared to 100,000 with BA.

Looks like I may have now found a use for my bmi miles !

Incidentally, (and I know that this is not quite the right place - but we are a friendly lot on the bmi board so I'll ask anyway) has anyone been on AC in biz across the pond - I am thinking about taking the family for a two week skiing holiday in Whistler next year and burning some miles on an AC biz flight.

[This message has been edited by Bond Boy (edited 04-24-2003).]