FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DANGER!! DANGER Will Robinson! My sensors detect a major programme change!
Old Apr 17, 2003, 4:13 pm
ajamieson

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
All kinds of possibilities I suppose...segment qualification, elite bonuses, a new super-elite tier, elimination of lowest fares for earning...

I would imagine the new program is more similar to BD's substantial shareholder, Lufthansa, than Air Canada. But one can hope.

Mileage qualification would eliminate some of the 'quirks' of the points tables. While this may be a bad thing - a possible end to the Varig/Mexicana high-earning 'scams' - it may also bring some benefits, such as ending the stingy points for Lufthansa flights.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">posted by KenF: aj - do you have any more info on the original proposal you expected in November? Are you due down for Tea and Biccies with Michael in Donnington Hall soon? </font>
No details were ever forthcoming about DC although I knew some change was being planned; switching to mileage to match other *A carriers was the obvious option.

Wasn't even offered tea and biscuits the last time I was at the Hall (perhaps they forgot to load the catering?) but I did get picked up from the terminal at EMA by Sir Michael's chauffeur. And his Merc is a lot nicer inside than a Fokker 100, I can confirm.