FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Baggage allowance???
View Single Post
Old May 6, 2003, 2:47 am
House

Programs: BA Gold; VA Velocity Gold; LH FTL; Marriott Gold; ICHG Platinum AMB; Hilton Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by LADodger99:
Hi,

And thanks for your replies. Here's the dilemma and I should have been more specific in my original email. I will be flying from the U.S to Amsterdam on Northwest/KLM Airlines. I plan to spend three days in Amsterdam and then will be flying BMI to London in which I will then take a train to Harwich to board a cruise ship (needless to say we'll have a ton of luggage). I'm looking into other options to get our luggage from Amsterdam to London or Harwich cheaper than what the airlines will charge for excess baggage. Any ideas???
</font>
There is a catamaran ship service from Hoek van Holland (near Rotterdam, direct train from Amsterdam) to Harwich which takes around 3-4 hours and runs a couple of times a day. No luggage restrictions and the total cost is likely to be US$50 or less. Given that Harwich is your final destination this might be worth considering (getting across London with luggage will either be expensive or frustrating (or both!).

You can book online at the website below (just select Holland as your departure country).

http://www.stenaline.com