FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - bmi website survey very dull - skip it
View Single Post
Old Feb 11, 2003, 7:56 am
ajamieson

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">posted by Latitudes: How many seats can this vary by in business?</font>
I've seen the business curtain as far back as row 23 and as far forward as row 4 this week. It just depends on the loads, but row 8/9 is a good bet. It's 2+3 in C (A/C+D/E/F) and 3+3 in Y (the A/C seats are unscrewed to release the B seat). The curtain is often set at the start of the aircraft's rostered sectors unless loads are so varied that it needs to be moved. The aircraft usually work at least five sectors in a day. At the risk of prompting hysterical laughter from YOWkid, the B seat can be released using a key a bit like those hopeless metal things you get in an IKEA assembly pack. A and C move further apart and the armrests for B are released from a slot in the sides of A and C. So now you know.

The over-wing exit row seats can be pretty good on the A321. Not much point in using a seat map to find these since BD's A321s are configured differently (G-MIDH is different to G-MIDJ, for example) but you can ask at check-in or phone Diamond Club to find out which seat map applies to your flight. The length of the A321 and the size of the over-wing exits means a solitary crew member has to sit in the jumpseat on the F side facing backwards. Great way to get to know crew

Hope this helps.

YOWkid, application is normally processed with 10 days, but the membership pack can take up to a month depending on which way the wind is blowing. Also, I notice the blue membership packs still contain programme brochures which list Ansett Australia and which show Heathrow to Warsaw, Faro and Barcelona on the points tables. If only!

To stay on topic, I completed the survey (eventually) but I am sure I filled in the same questionnaire on the BD website about six months ago. How many times to they need to ask before they actually do what you recommend in the 'suggestions' box?