FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - flybmi.com - weird things happening to my booking
Old Aug 16, 2002, 5:56 am
HajoFlyer

flybmi.com - weird things happening to my booking

Yesterday I used the flybmi.com website for the first time to make a booking (Aug30 BD51 EDI-LHR), because the LH site didn't show any availability for the fare I wanted.

First thing I wondered about was that fare availabilities are resticted between BD and LH, e.g. in this case the GBP 25 fare was available from BD, but sold out with LH.

Annoyingly, it is impossible to enter any *A FFP# except BD Diamond Club in the booking. This ended up in me having to call them (and spending more than the 2.50 online booking discount in the process) to let them enter my LH SEN#. (Based on the experiences described by WKS in the following forum, I thought it a good idea to let them know in advance that I am *Gold.) http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum16/HTML/000180.html

The whole booking got weird, when I checked my bookings on the LH website today. I was checking other flights and didn't expect the BD booking to show up here, as it was booked directly through flybmi.com.

The BD flight was listed among my LH bookings, and it said that the ticket had been issued and sent to my home address. In fact I had left my business address in the booking, and also in my LH profile my preferred address is the office.

Thus I wonder why/how:

a) a booking made on flybmi.com (without my LH coordinates entered in the online booking) is taken over by the LH infoflyway and processed there,

b) they made the connection to my LH profile if my LH details were not part of the online booking process,

c) they deliberately change the mailing address to "home" instead of "office", the latter being explicitely stated both in the flybmi.com booking and in my LH profile.

Viewing the booking in www.checkmytrip.com I noticed that flybmi.com is powered by the "Lufthansa e-Commerce Robot". This could be the connection, although it still doesn't answer the above questions. I am also surprised to see that flybmi.com with its poor functionality is in fact an LH e-Commerce solution. LH's own interfaces are usually a lot more userfriendly.

Hajo