FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sao Paulo Grand Hyatt REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Feb 20, 2005, 11:15 am
vivrant

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, OW Emerald, HH Diamond
I'll use this post as my hotel field report and re-edit as I get more details together.

Room: I booked a Club Queen Room along with several co-workers so we would have access to the lounge for free breakfast and evening drinks. Club floors are from 19-22 (top floor). I was upgraded from a Club Queen to a Club King based on my Diamond status. I ended up later downgrading to a Grand Queen room since the rate was $50 cheaper and they agreed to move me to a Club Queen (two rooms away).

Lounge: The Grand Club lounge is located on the 20th floor with some amazing panoramic views of the city. There is space for about 100 guests to comfortably enjoy the lounge, but I never saw more than 15-20 at a time there. For breakfast they offer a simple selection of fruits, cold-cuts, some muffins, croissants, cereals, coffee and juices. Cocktails are served everday from 6-8:30pm seven days a week. Cocktails include a really nice Argentinean red, Moet & Chandonn champagne, Chivas Regal, Johnnie Walker Red and your standard rums, vodkas, and other spirits. They also serve finger foods like sushi, chicken won-ton fritters, cheeses and other concoctions that are good to nibble on (you definitely cannot replace dinner like you can at some other hotel lounges, hehe).

more details to follow...

Last edited by vivrant; Feb 21, 2005 at 2:55 am