FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Does "reserving" tickets guarantee tickets if TACA pulls out of GP?
Old Feb 19, 2005, 2:32 pm
vandykes44

Programs: Platinum AA, LatinPass Million Miler
Does "reserving" tickets guarantee tickets if TACA pulls out of GP?

I've had a great time using my LatinPass miles, but am apprehensive about the possibility of TACA pulling out before I use the last 300,000 miles. I'm using 100,000 miles this year and have plans to use 200,000 next year. I can't use anymore miles this year as my 5 weeks of vacation are all planned and reservations made.

I can't yet "reserve" tickets for next year, as it's more than a year out. I have 3 questions for those of you with much greater experience than myself:

1. What do you think the odds are that TACA will pull out soon, or never? Anybody have some inside connections?

2. If I "reserve" tickets for next year when I can, even if GP doesn't ticket them, are they guaranteed? If I have GP "ticket" them, are they guaranteed?

3. Anybody know what the penalities are for "reserving" or trying to ticket TACA flights for next year for earlier dates, and then changing the dates of the tickets to a later date, when they're available?

Let me know your expert thoughts, Shelley

p.s. This week a friend of mine was able to use GP miles on KLM for a ticket from Chicago to Rome, flying business class in April, for the exact dates she wanted. Took a single phone call.