FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Using Delta SkyMiles to Upgrade on International Flights: The Definitive Thread
Old Feb 16, 2005, 8:54 am
Casimir

Programs: DL Diamond, 2MM; Hilton Diamond; IC Spire Ambassador
Upgrade to BE Using Miles to Europe

Quick question, which I might otherwise be able to answer using the search function.

I am interested in flying MEM-WAW. In exploring my options for an upgrade, I recognize that PMU's do not yield an upgrade on the CDG-WAW leg of the trip.

I should know this, but I don't -- If I use DL sky miles to upgrade instead, will the CDG-WAW portion of the flight be upgraded, or is it the same rule as with the PMU's?

Please do not respond by telling me that business class in Europe is a glorified coach product -- I know that already, having flown both business and coach on AF and AZ intra-Europe a number of times. I am a big man and, given the general disdain of Europeans for large Americans, please take my word for it that it is infinitely more comfortable for me and everyone else to sit in what is precisely a coach seat with no middle seat next to me in AF business class than the same seat in a full row in coach. (I will provide vignettes if required to make my point! ). Conserving miles is not really a consideration as I have over half a million and a wife who doesn't like to fly.

Thanks for your help,

Casimir

Last edited by Casimir; Feb 16, 2005 at 8:58 am