FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - OT: Anyone got connections to help out my recently laid off pilot friend?
Old Feb 16, 2005, 12:12 am
TokyoCanuk

Programs: AC*G Elite, SPG-G, Mariot-G
Arrow OT: Anyone got connections to help out my recently laid off pilot friend?

If this is inapropriate to the rules of flyertalk let me know and ill toast it.

anyways I have a friend of mine with 4 years of flying experience, hes young, mid 20's and his current flying gig got shut down as aparantly the place he was flying for out in Manitoba got audited by rev canada and transport canada shut them down for whatever reason, so he is back home in Vancouver refreshing his resume and very bummed out (trying to save up for his wedding next year and this is an unfortunate bump in the road)

Since all I know about the flying world is how many hours in the air and certifications, this is what I got out of him:
"Well, I got 1200 total, so I'm not too bad off, but I would have been better if I got 500 hours of multi engine pilot in command in there. I only wound up with about 350"

He had been doing airvac and other piloting out of Manitoba for the past couple years. He is available for any other locations. He knows he doesnt have the numbers to start pressing the big carriers but anything I guess at this point is good.

Feel free to private message me if you have any comments and I'll pass them on. His dad is a retiree from Canadian, started in 1969 if that helps anyone! Keeps the thread a bit more on topic

Thanks!! ^