FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Minimum Connection Transfer Time at Amsterdam (AMS): The Definitive Thread
Old Feb 13, 2005, 2:51 am
Threy
Suspended

Originally Posted by inagaddadavida
I am looking at a routing ORF-DTW-AMS-FCO, and am wondering if it is feasable to make a 1 hour intl connection in AMS? Will I have to go through immigration there, or when I arrive in Rome, or both? Sorry for the newbie question
You should have no problem, considering the transatlantic flights back to Europe always benefit from the jet stream, they will arrive ahead of schedule at Schiphol, but sometimes they will have to use 18R/36L " Polderbaan" which some cynics would say is closer to DTW than AMS and easily result in a taxi time of 30 minutes to the E concourse.From there on you have to get to the D,C and B concourse, likely D or C, so it is only a short 10-15 minute walk.

And even if there 75 people in the line ahead of you, we are not taking about US style immigration, in Europe they will swipe your passport or only look at it and maybe ask to what destination you are going today, so that will not take more than 10 minutes as well,even behind 75 other guys, so plenty of time to shop at Fabulicious Schiphol

www.schiphol.nl