FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Arrogant goof
Thread: Arrogant goof
View Single Post
Old Feb 8, 2005, 9:22 pm
Crampedin13A

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Gold/HH Diamond/IC Plat Amba
Originally Posted by yycguy2
It's amazing the attitude some people use to try and get to sit up front. The reverse actually happened to me recently. I was flying on a UA ticket on AC metal and asked if I could upgrade. I had specifically asked my corporate TA to get me a UA fare upgradable with a SWU but hadn't bothered to check it (my fault). When I got to the gate I checked with the GA. He looked at some chart and asked for a SSWU. I was out of them and just asked him what UA fares qualified for my future information so I would know what to tell my corporate TA for the next time. I then asked him for an exit row seat in Y and he kinda looked stunned for a moment and gave me a new boarding pass with an exit row seat. 5 minutes later he came over and gave me a new 'J' boarding pass and told me that because he was so used to people yelling at him in cases like this that he wanted to thank me for being "decent and level headed about it" and gave me the upgrade anyways. ^ ^
A nice move by the GA. I've seen them break down and give these "arrogant goofs" the UG just because of their mindnumbing persistence. One of the reasons I will not play aerolotto waitlist anymore. I have personally lost out in 2 circumstances where these type of people with no status or certs have got the UG when the people who were waitlisted lost out. Both times me and others waiting were sitting right by the gate counter and listened to the endless BS. Both cases I really didn't want to make a big deal out of it because no GA is paid enough to be browbeaten by these truly professional whiners.