FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Helpful sites to search for Broadway and other NYC theatre tickets
Old Feb 8, 2005, 3:57 am
KathyWdrf
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by JohnWM
Websites and such are all well and good for advance reading and planning.
No, NOT just for advance reading and planning.

You can actually PURCHASE discounted theatre tickets through many of the websites listed on this thread. There are a number of advantages over the TKTS booth: 1) You don't have to stand in line; 2) In many cases, you can choose your seats online; 3) You can pay with a credit card (and earn miles/points ) rather than cash.

I've had pretty good luck with www.playbill.com (already listed above) and have managed to get quite good seats AND heavily discounted tickets to some performances; you have to register to get access to the discounts. Some of the portals, like www.broadwaybox.com, are a compendium of other websites' offers (such as the playbill and theatremania ones).

(And yan19454, in case you didn't realize this, http://www.broadwaybox.com/ and www.broadwaybox.com are one and the same website.)