FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Disloyal BA Flyer wants to get status cheap!
Old Feb 24, 2004, 4:08 pm
speedbird2018

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Tango:
Dave: With all due respect, BA can do what it wants with its program but if it wants to remain a World Class airline it needs to do two things:
1)Be more competitive with their FF program, and 2)try to smooth out the problems of the airport mess when flying through London.

Whenever I fly to Europe and need to change planes, I avoid London at all costs. The problems I have to deal with are not worth it and BA goes out of their way to make you feel like a third World citizen.

If BA wants to cater to people just living in the UK that is ok with me. If they want to market themselves to people living outside of the UK they have much work to do.
</font>
How can BA smooth out the problems at LHR?

It does not own any of the terminals, LHR as an airport is well over capacity.

Every time BA tries to acquire extra slots at LHR, or increase terminal presence, the likes of VS kick up a major stink.

If BA had its way, every one of its flights would be in one terminal....oh that would be the under construction terminal 5.

I will place money on the fact, that BA will not be sole residents in that terminal. There will be a a big stink, caused by other airlines, and at least one other airline will move in, and take up slots and gates.

LHR is never going to be a great airport to connect thru, hence why BA were looking at a merger with KLM. KLM is such a great position in AMS.

Sometimes the British sense of fairness, goes too far.