FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Minimum Connection Transfer Time at Paris (CDG): The Definitive Thread
Old Feb 4, 2005, 6:29 pm
MikeMpls
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Originally Posted by JOUY31
In my personal experience, you do not need to clear customs in CDG. Unlike in the US, you do not need to pick up your baggage at the first port of entry in the EU and re-check it. Your baggage should be checked through to NAP, where, based on the fact that your luggage tags will not have the two green stripes, customs officers will know that your baggage comes from outside the EU.

Every time I've flown into an EU or Nordic country except the UK: The passport checks are done in the first EU/Nordic country you enter (your passport should be stamped in CDG both ways), but U.S.-style customs checks with suitcases in hand have never happened to me except in the UK. Your suitcases are checked through to your final destination, at which point most people just claim them & walk out through the "nothing to delare line".