FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Minimum Connection Transfer Time at Paris (CDG): The Definitive Thread
Old Feb 4, 2005, 3:56 pm
Flying_Duck

Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, DL DM since inception, 3+ MM, HH Gold, SPG-Gold
Programs: DL, UA, AA, HH, SPG, HH, Hertz, Avis
Originally Posted by JOUY31
A few meters after the aircraft door dedicated staff (voltigeurs), pleasant and smiling, were waiting to drive these very short connection passengers to the departure gate or to the aircraft itself.
That's gotta be a hit-and-miss too as well as require getting to a gate!. This has never happened to me the 3-4 times a year I pass through CDG on my way to somewhere else in Europe, whether traveling in FC or BC and always having super tight connections. And when this happen, I guess there is no re-screening? - why then do everybody else have to do this? - ......oh yes, because you have to go through the whole airport, secure and non-secure, to get to the connecting gate!

The only zinklining on the dark cloud that constitutes the mess in CDG, where I agree the luggage never arrives with you, is that the increasing value of the Euro, makes for more compensation in dollars when the 24 hours have passed

Thus, I just got $375 from AF for the missing luggage in Denmark in December (100 Euros per pax after 24 hours of delay - luggage which by the way were waiting for us when we came home from our shoppoing spree!)