FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Minimum Connection Transfer Time at Paris (CDG): The Definitive Thread
Old Feb 4, 2005, 11:49 am
Flying_Duck

Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, DL DM since inception, 3+ MM, HH Gold, SPG-Gold
Programs: DL, UA, AA, HH, SPG, HH, Hertz, Avis
Originally Posted by wjudge
I have reserved FC (on AF) tickets with miles to Naples, Italy. My itinerary is ATL-IAH-CDG-NAP. I get into CDG at 8:20 am, the flight to NAP leaves at 9:15 am. My question is: Is that enough time to get to the Naples flight? Am I going to have to go through customs at CDG or just NAP? The CS Agent said that we would only have to clear at NAP, so the 55 minutes would be ample time - does anyone have experience with this?
Thanks in advance!!
I unfortunately have lots of experience. And it is a hit and miss. For some reasons, AF flights often get off late from the gate and narrows down the transfer time. At CDG, it all comes down to: gate parking or tarmac parking, with the latter adding precious minutes to the waste basket. And you likely will have to transfer (through a crowded underground tunnel and crowded check-in areas) from one side of the terminal to the other, and you will have to go through security re-screening and passport control, both of which can take considerable time because of lines that doesn't seem to move anywhere because of a constant flow of staff (and Frenchmen with another line culture than ours) )cutting in in front.

If all goes well, you can make it, but if even one of the steps listed above poses a considerable obstacle, you are IMHO screwed.