FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Rolling VIP Tier Qualification, Now Terminated: The Definitive Thread
Old Feb 3, 2005, 5:24 pm
omegadeal

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat
Rolling VIP Tier Upgrade - New?

I found the Rolling VIP Tier Upgrade page on Hilton.com this evening, which I haven't seen before. Is this new? I searched for "rolling" and "rolling tier" but didn't find any messages.

In any case, it appears you get the maximum stay/night status based on any 12 month period:

Great news! Now Hilton HHonors allows you to carry over stays from the prior calendar year to help you achieve HHonors VIP status. Starting now, you can earn or maintain your VIP status based on qualifying stays, nights or Base points earned in a rolling 12-month consecutive period. Other hotel reward programs only count earnings within a calendar year (January 1 through December 31). Only Hilton HHonors gives you the ability to reach the next VIP tier based on your own personal travel pattern. For details on HHonors membership levels, click here.
Under this program I need only 4 more stays this month to make Diamond. I already have four stays booked for this month, so I'll be Diamond now as opposed to the end of the year.

If I've just overlooked this for the past year then please lock