FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Which are the best Club World seats with an infant?
Old Jan 8, 2004, 6:35 am
MIAFlyer

Hello all,

Normally, children under two (in their own seat) pay the same as a child's (typically 2-11 year old) fare.

We paid 3300CHF for the adults, 2300CHF for the children in their own seat, and 530CHF for the infant in the bassinet. It is my understanding that these are year round fares, which I thought were pretty reasonable, compared to flights ex US.

Two other comments, the baby must be held during take off and landing, and during turbulence, which is typically defined whenever the seatbelt sign is on. They will give a "double loop" belt to attach the infant through the adults' seatbelt.

Please note, the baby is always safer in his own seat, and on US airlines, I always purchased my babes a seat. However, with the double loop seatbelt that most non-US carriers provide, I found this was not really necessary.

As for the child's meals, perhaps they only get the full childs meal (hot dog or hamburger, fries, (potato) chips, a full size Sincker's bar and several smaller chocolate bits, a juice box, and milk box) if they are actually ticketed for a seat. Since my youngest was still breast fed at that time (he was actually 5 months old instead of the 8 months I listed above), we did not take the meal prepared for him.

Hope this helps!