FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Which are the best Club World seats with an infant?
Old Jan 8, 2004, 6:27 am
bulkhead

First of all a big thanks for all the comments. I must admit I was prepared for a few replies along the lines of “the best seat for an infant is the one furthest from me” but I have been pleasantly surprised (so far!).

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by MIAFlyer:
Actually, the answer to your question does not depend on which 747 BA uses that day. For a couple traveling with an infant, you should ask for seats 64A/B on the upper deck or 14EF on the lower deck. From personal experience, both of these seats have a bassinet fitting.

&lt;snip&gt;

BA has both child seats (like in a car) for older children, and bassinets (for babies) that fit into a fitting that folds out of the wall (downstairs) or sits upon a shelf (upstairs).

MAKE SURE YOU REQUEST A BASSINET WHEN YOU PURCHASE YOUR TICKETS.

Another couple had a 22 month old child (not in her own seat) and did not get the bassinet (because we did...) and I think they were pretty miserable passing the little one back and forth for the whole flight.
</font>
I was completely unaware that BA had some child seats for older children - my son will be 21 months at the time of the flights - so this morning I rang Exec Club (Blue ) to reserve one. I will ring back (as BA suggested) in a couple of days to confirm this has been possible. One thing that surprised me a little is that I was told that the only seats where the child seat is available is in row 20.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by FF:
(b) BA only seem to provide baby meals, which means lamb and apricot puree etc etc - not stuff in which an 18-24 month old would be interested.</font>
Well worth knowing. I’ve actually ordered vegetarian meals, but we’ll take our own as well to be sure.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by fbgdavidson:
…as does the Gate 1 Terraces in Terminal 4 (deal with the right hand agent as you head into the lounge and follow your way round) as does the Terraces in the Lounge Pavilion (again head right after you enter the lounge and it is in the corner beside the World Wine Bar).</font>
Children’s area by the Wine Bar eh? BA must have known I’d be back one day! I must admit I was wondering if children would be allowed in the lounges, but as all 3 of us have CW tickets (Class I) and they do have children’s areas I guess its not going to be a problem

Bulkhead.

[This message has been edited by bulkhead (edited Jan 09, 2004).]