FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Could interest some folks here - Hilton "Diamond Club" for ~ $A200 a year
Old Jan 16, 2005, 9:45 pm
ozstamps
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
OK ..... the 'people power' of FT prevails once again. ^

So far 6 folks had contacted me by last night planning to join as definites.

One of those folks has spoken to Diamond Club today and they are prepared to make this offer, that they say they offer to Corporates.

Buy seven memberships and pay for 6 - that takes price per member to $A212.57. A good deal but oddly not as good as the next one I'll outline.

For us they'll sell first 2 memberships for $A248 each and the second 2 for $A155 each. i.e. very much like the "spouse" deal that NM and myself outline above that we both take each year, but they are allowing that deal to encompass 4 persons of different surnames as we are a 'common interest group'. They will record your email addresses seperately etc I am sure.

That works out to be $A201.50 per member.

A VERY good deal. IMHO.

Due to the way they are structured, they can't just charge out at $201 a person.

They need to be sent to one address, and charged to one card.

One of the 6 folks has offered to be the "mailbox" for tranche #1 and pass things on by post, as long as the other 5 mail a cheque for $201.50.

I just phoned and spoke to the lady who runs Diamond Club, and she is happy for us to have and advertise this deal.

She asked what name to list the common interest group as and I improvised and said "Oz Fest" ... which is more or less correct as most signing up are attending, and some will indeed use their Suite Cert to stay for the weekend I imagine as Hilton will be open by end May. It is also a name we can use throughout the year and in future, if folks like this idea. Saving $45 on a good deal anyway is nothing to be sneezed at IMHO!

The Rep I gave you folks the name to contact is still away this week, so I will now supply all interested the head lady's name so she can see we are all on the same page here, and keep us "together" internally.

So bottom line, anyone about to sign please contact me TODAY, and we'll work out the initial batch.

After that, if things are done in twos, each member will pay $201.50, and one of them will need to re-reimburse the other who'll be debited the $A403 for 2 packets, both of which are identical, and both of which have the $A110 (inc GST!) Suite deal coupon (worth the $200 alone) plus all the MANY other normal goodies and Certs.

Please let me know if anyone is interested, and I'll pass on the contact detail of the Diamond Club lady, for you to order this through.

-----------------------------------

Last edited by ozstamps; Jan 17, 2005 at 1:17 am Reason: Typed $210.50 and not correct $201.50!