FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Brat in 4F
Thread: The Brat in 4F
View Single Post
Old Nov 28, 2003, 3:39 am
Frequentflyer99

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by edi-traveller:
Be nice during meals but otherwise agree - you've paid for it, recline it.</font>
There are lots of rights one pays for but does not necessarily exercise, out of consideration for others. Depending how cramped the seating is, the length of the glight and whether it is day or night, it would make journeys much less stressful if people applied some common sense to the reclining of their seats, rather than just saying "I'm entitled so I will do it".

Often one person reclining sets in motion a domino effect back through the aircraft. This is particularly galling on a shortish flight where the original recliner is small and does not really need the recline to start with. I have noticed that some people go into maximum recline mode as a matter of principle and leave it that way throughout the flight irrespective of what is going on.

Has anyone seen or tried the 'defense' tool which blocks recline of the seat in fornt. How does it actually work ??