FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How long to wait for a response from local TSA office?
Old Jan 12, 2005, 8:56 pm
BoulderFlyer

Programs: UA 1K MM; SPG Platinum; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mot29
On Dec. 26, I got an SSSS search at DFW because of being rebooked from DL to AA to accomodate a flight interruption. In the course of the inspection, the memory stick in my Sony PDA was dislodged -- it was there on my flight from MSY-DFW because I listened to an audio book, but when I turned it on for the next flight, it was gone.
I called TSA's contact number in DFW, and left voice mail as requested with all relevant information. About a week later I got a call from the TSA "stakeholder services manager" (or some such title) at DFW asking about the type of memory stick, etc. I gave him the information, and noted that TSA had in fact written down my name when I was searched and that I noticed that they were handling not only my PDA, but another while I was being wanded.
He indicated that he would check into it and get back to me.
Anyone else have similar experiences? How much more time should I give them to respond?
Thanks.
tom

I left a laptop behind at DEN once. I didn't realize I had done so until the flight I was on from DEN arrived at my destination. I called the TSA in DEN and spoke directly to a TSA supervisor. They had my laptop and arranged to hand it over to DEN Lost and Found...where my wife picked it up the next day and FedEx'd it to me. As much as I give the DEN TSA crap about their shoe carnival, I was impressed with their lost and found service.

Of course, a left behind laptop is much more noticeable than a memory stick.