FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Business Class: NW vs UA
View Single Post
Old Jan 12, 2005, 9:19 am
SeaMeFly

Sq Blah!

Originally Posted by Alpha Golf
I recently flew SQ in J class -- and I would go incredibly far out of my way to do so again. It was unbelievable. Everything you've ever heard is true -- and exceeded. Seats, food and drink, entertainment... and most of all the FAs...

Hard to believe the other airlines are even in the same business.
What are you talking about? I don't even like SQ J class seat at all. I couldn't find a comfortable sleeping position. It slides down. I take NW's classic J seat over SQ's. But over all, Yes, SQ has the best meals and IFE (IFE is a top notch with 60 movies to choose from and they're AVODs).

UA's J seat is better than NW's new lie-flat. I have the same problems with NW's seat being at an angle like that just like when I flew on SQ. However, NW's classic is the best of the 3, seatwise!

Food wise, come on, it's US carrier. No US carriers beat any Asian carriers. Even compared to GA's or TG's J meals.

IFE on NW's new J service is better than UA's IFE system. On UA's IFE, I just hate waiting for the movie to recycle from one to another and have to wait for at least 2 hrs before you get to see one if you missed one.

Another thing that bugs me about UA's seat is that the power port needs special plug instead of the typical 110V like NW has in their new J seats.