FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency London the Churchill REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Jan 10, 2005, 9:29 am
Steph58

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Looks like everyone gets upgraded to a suite on FFNs but me. Normally I would never even bother to ask with FFNs, but I'd read here it was a common occurrence so I sent an e-mail prior to my stay the end of Sept. Mentioned that it was my mother's 74th birthday, and I even offered to use my Diamond suite upgrade cert. Received a reply that they would upgrade us. When we arrived they absolutely wouldn't do it--said not on FFNs. I had the cert but not the e-mail or name of the person who confirmed. This was the last stop at the end of a 21-day marathon trip through Europe, so I didn't press the issue since by that point I was exhausted. Received a room on the RC floor with 2 very comfortable twin beds and view of trees in the park across the street. Room was nice enough and big enough for 2--like they say, we weren't in the room much anyway. Nice RC and very helpful staff. Also, paid for a 60-minute card for internet access on their computers in the lobby. For some reason, the time never got deducted each time I used it, so I considered that a perk. My mother enjoyed the fruit basket--especially that hairy looking fruit from Thailand.