FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Grand Cypress Regency (Orlando) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Jan 8, 2005, 6:11 pm
bas5838

Programs: Hyatt Courtesy Card, CO Gold, Hertz President's Circle, Amex Centurion and its perks...
Originally Posted by Steph58
Well, I'm not there now but thinking about using FFNs late March, early April and have a couple of questions. Is a car necessary? Would like to just relax and enjoy a 4-5 day stay at the property instead of the usual jam-packed, always on-the-go vacation. I've been to Orlando once . . . is the Hyatt Grand Cypress within walking distance of anything? Or will the hotel shuttle suffice if we want to venture out one or two days? Perhaps a shuttle from/to the airport is going to end up costing more than a rental car. I know, we'll be at the mercy of RC and the hotel restaurants without a car. And the all important question, is the pool really as cold as everyone mentions?
Yes, a car is definitely necessary in Orlando and frankly in most parts of Florda. While the RC is definitely one of the better ones in the US, it is by no means a replacement for a full service restaurant. They have an excellent staff headed by Shirley and Nancy are quite helpful but the food services can be limited. In fact, one night the chicken cordon blue was barely an appetizer. The restaurants at GC are good but can be tiring after a few nights. Orlando enjoys can some great restaurants and the car will allow you to see around the city. The only restaurants at the end of the long driveway are the Orlando Ale House, Olive Garden, and a chinese buffet which appears rather gross!

And, yes the pool is frigid!

Last edited by bas5838; Jan 8, 2005 at 6:15 pm