FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott-family hotels in Bangkok, Thailand, pre-2014
Old Jan 5, 2005, 7:27 am
Mama
Suspended

Post JW Marriott Bangkok and Marriott Bangkok Resort stay report

I am a Plat member (100+ Marriott stays in '03 and '04 respectively), just got back from Bangkok, stayed at both JW Marriott and Marriott Resort there.
Here is my report:

JW Marriott:
I was given a corner room (regular room, not suite) on the 18th floor in this 24 stories building, it is not a concierge floor. The room was fine. However, this was the only room I saw, so I had no way of knowing if other rooms are better. I don't think I was upgraded.
There was central air condition in the building and was set at 22 C. The temperature can not be adjusted in individual rooms. A bit cold for me at night while sleeping. Breakfast and Evening O'derve in the lounge were very high quality. Very nice fitness center, pool area is not sunny. Location is convenient.

Marriott Resort and Spa:
I was checked-in by the club concierge clerk, and given a room (regular room, not a suite) with river view on 5th (top) floor on the main building, there is another wing that has 7 stories. I think I was upgraded, river view vs. courtyard view. The room has a balcony. Temperature could be adjusted in each individual room. Bathroom is quite small and dark, but acceptable to me. Breakfast and evening O'derve in the lounge were nice. The fitness center is a big room that hosted both fitness equipments and aerobic class, so when there is an aerobic class, the whole room is filled with the aerobic class music and instructor's shouting noise.
There is a nice big pool, but filled with kids and noise, pool area was crowded, and it was difficult to get a chair by the pool to sun bath. Some people even put clothes or bags on chairs early in the morning, in order to claim occupancy of the chairs.
Location is a bit far out, but still acceptable, free ferry boat between this hotel to BTS (transit) terminal until 11:45 pm. Taxi from Silom area on meter is about 80 baht (2 dollars). Taxi from this hotel to airport is at a set price of 400 baht.