FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - WT+ to Melbourne
View Single Post
Old Oct 18, 2003, 2:28 am
Albion

Ben. Lucky chap. Wish I was going too. I would emphasise the need to go for window and aisle seats rather than get stuck in the middle. Do get off the plane at Singapore. Some folk stay on board but walking around and getting some fresh air albeit hot and humid does waken up the senses. You will only have about an hour after you deduct the time for getting off plane and reboarding so don't think a swim is really on. The shower may cut things fine too but you can have a wash and brush up in the public restrooms then go upstairs to the cactus garden for a break.

I find I only sleep in short spells on long haul so although son may enjoy the films etc on the seatback video I would recommend a good book too. Also talking to flight attendants in the galley in the wee small hours is always a happy experience especially on BA. That's when they are not too busy.
Think you land at Melbourne early morning so it will be a long day. Have it planned eg city sightseeing trip ; walk round the shopping district; trip up the observation tower etc. Melbourne is a great city. If you just sit around saying what shall we do tiredness and frayed tempers can take over.

A nap in the afternoon can help but most folk try going to about 10 pm and then crash out.

As this is your first time then you have chosen well with BA as your carrier and WT+ as your seat.

Have fun and a safe and happy trip

[This message has been edited by Albion (edited 10-18-2003).]