FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Four Points by Sheraton Houston Greenway Plaza, TX [Master Thread]
Old Jan 1, 2005, 8:55 pm
Catman
Commander Catcop

Four Points Houston - Updated Review

I recently stayed at this Four Points which it turns out is a pretty decent hotel. Thanks to some help from a good friend got my room for a non refundable but great price of $59!

I checked in before 12 noon and Brian (think that was his name) said that really they could not check in guests before 4pm but he added "you are a Platinum and I'll take the time to find a nice upgrade room."

No prompting, all I said was that I was here.

Brian did some searching and found me a nice room on the 8th floor. He also offered me my Platinum amenity without prompting joking "I been here for months and I have yet to see someone take something other than the points." A very pleasant check-in experience.

The room was a little larger than I expected with a sofa bed and new furnishings. Note to all: High Speed WIRELESS Internet is FREE here! (I treated myself to a wireless card and I'm loving it.)

The facilities are limited food wise. The Au Bon Pain and the mini bar were both closed (I was hoping for one Shiner Bock as a nightcap but no big deal.) It has a nice small lobby and hotel. The nighttime front desk person happily honored my request for a late 1pm checkout, saying that I could stay as long as 4pm.

The one thing about this hotel is getting there by Car is a must - it is on Highway 59 near a Holiday Inn and kind of remote.

TO parapraise my BIG Bruddar PremEx said if you are just coming to sleep or get some extra stays under your belt it's not a bad place. Happy I have an alternative in Houston when the great Sheraton Suites (which also has FREE Wireless, THANK YOU!) or the Westins are overpriced.

It's not the Legendary Four Points LAX. It's definitely not the poor 4 Points EWR. It's good and gives me what I want:

*Clean well furnished room
*Comfortable bed
*Friendly, helpful staff.

One little nitpick and it's NOT about the HOTEL but what's on the spg.com website describing check in/out time:

CHECK IN 9:00 AM CHECK OUT 6:00 AM

With that way too early checkout time people will have to leave in whatever they are wearing at that hour!

Four Points Houston: Three Paws UP