FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Canadian Celebrity Sightings
View Single Post
Old Dec 31, 2004, 10:59 am
yycguy2

Programs: AC - ACMM; LH - SEN
Back on Sept 9, 2001 I was going YYC - YYZ - LGA. On the YYC - YYZ leg there was Glen Sather and Eric Lindros on the flight leaving the Olympic Team tryouts in Calgary. They connected onto the same flight to LGA. Sather and Lindros were talking Harleys the whole time. They had a spat while waiting for their luggage in LGA. Lindros told Sather he was staying in a hotel and Sather told him it was all arranged for him to stay with Messier. They took that discussion off to the side.

Just prior to boarding the LGA flight in YYZ, I heard the GA page "passenger Mirren" and looked over to the desk to see Helen Mirren getting an upgrade. After a few minutes some guy walked over to her and asked her if she was some other English actress (I don't remember the name now) and she politely told him he was mistaken. She came over and stood behind me and followed me down the ramp to the plane. I turned around and spoke briefly with her. She was friendly and gracious.

I think she and Lindros sat together and talked hockey and harleys the rest of the flight....