FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Volunteering for a bump on int'l itinerary
Old Dec 30, 2004, 7:55 pm
grbflyer

Programs: NWA, UA Silver. Hilton Diamond
bump on international

I was flying grb-msp-lgw. it may not be the same situation but here goes. i was told in grb by the kiosk that they were looking for volunteers in msp for the msp lgw leg. i got there was first in line. went outside to smoke, came back and they had called my name while i was gone, good think i did leave. i went up there and the gate agent, adam, said i would be bumped in a bit, they were waiting for another lady, rita to come up. he was ready to give us our comps when at the last minute they were told they were getting a bigger plane coming in from ams. not five minutes later, he said because they had told us that we were getting bumped, we would be upgraded to business class and flying out today. a first timer overseas did not know what business class was, and i must say. very VERY nice. anywho, fifteen minutes went by and rita and i were called up, no the plane was not coming and we were going to be bumped for tomorrow. so not only did i receive 750.00 in ticket vouchers but also First class the next day. everyone else that was bumped before me only got the voucher. so id say it all turned out well. went to vegas on my spring break. i also tried to get bumped the next day, they were offering 500. but they didnt need me, and i had a connection from stanstead to rome when i got in. because of this great experience i will always fly northwest.