FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buenos Aires - MERGED THREAD
View Single Post
Old Dec 29, 2004, 9:59 am
rjque
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by WeHoVoyageur
Does anyone have a recommendation for a hotel in Buenos Aires for a gay couple? January 29 - Feb 2 (before Carnival in Rio!) We'd like nice, in a hip part of town. $150/night or less. The Hotel Claridge is $125/night and looks fabulous (with 5 stars). Anyone thoughts?
I would also recommend a hotel in Recoleta. The area surrounding the Claridge is more akin to a tourist area. While it's by no means as bad as Fisherman's Wharf in San Francisco, it seems like the kind of place you'd want to visit for a day rather than making it your home base. Recoleta is also touristy but it feels more like a neighborhood - with good shops and places to eat. It's also close[er] to a larger number of gay establishments (there are a few in Recoleta but many others spread all over town).

For hotels, I stayed at Le Etoile in September and it was just fine for what it offered: a $60 room in what is perhaps the best location in town. The rooms were clean and large, but needed a refurb (the decor is very 70's). I understand the Loisuites Recoleta to be very nice and within your price range if you book it through a travel agent - $100-140 per night.