FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Anyone had status renewed early?
View Single Post
Old Dec 27, 2004, 6:27 pm
QF WP

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
As sime pointed out, QF are very kind to Platinum's and give us a little leeway on the points qualification sometimes. I have been comped early twice in a row now, however given that I earned 2,365 SC's in the year I qualified Plat, when the comped me early I thought it was justifiable (in the end, I reached 1,200; comfortably over the re-qual mark of 1,100).

This year, they have comped me early again, however I might fall just short of the re-qual requirement. Stilll, taking an average of the 3 years I've been WP, the average is comfortably above the re-qual mark.

Considering the changes they made to the program (and the losses to Plat members), perhaps they are being generous by giving something back to lessen the pain. As a shareholder, I still think it is imperative to keep the premium spenders continuing to spend up big on my airline, so I'm a happy soul.

They also re-qual'ed Mrs QF WP early (about 50 SC's) for Silver, after she made good use of their double SC's - another sweetner for the lower status amongst QFF's to qualify for higher status. But like most, when she has AA Plat, why waste it??