FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Las Vegas Renaissance [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Dec 27, 2004, 7:56 am
bigguyinpasadena

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
Just gpt back from a weekend stay at the Las Vegas Renaissance.
Very nice property in need of guest!They are going to survive mainly on biz from the convention center which is right next door-this is a very convienent full service hotel for conventioners-esp those on an expense account!
Staff was VERY friendly and eager to serve-very un-vegas feel to the service here.
Checkin was easy,staff is pretty green and still in training mode.Asked for an upgrade and was given a room with a view on a high floor(was hoping for a junior suite at least as they were on 25% occupied-no such luck)bonus buck was accepted,and got credit on my MR card for the whole amount of rev.at checkout.
Room was very nice,standard size,very stylish without being boring-unlike most W's which I find boring,the last two Renaissances I have steayed at have struck just the right balance of stylishness and practicality.Greens,oranges,earthtones,and white were the colors used here.
Bed was a delight,a firm pillow top high of the ground.
My only qualm were the bedside lights.They were too tall and too bright.They need to put some 3 way bulbs or rheosats on them.
Bathroom was a very generous size.Seperate glass shower and bathtub,very nice linens and toiletries.One very cool feature was all the lights in the bathroom were on a dimmer-very nice.
Very stylish and very empty restaurant and bar-prices are way to high for those not on an expense account,I did not dine here.
Monorail was functioning-and was free!It was a convenience If the hotels you wanted to visit were on the line-otherwise it was a pain.
All inall-The Renaissance las vegas id a very un-vegasy stylish hotel and I would stay there again.