FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Verizon is blocking all incoming e-mail from outside the USA!!!
Old Dec 24, 04, 3:13 pm
HeHateY

Programs: Whatever will get me out of Y and into C or F!
Originally Posted by DataPlumber

Actually, you do not have a lawsuit. The Internet is a "best effort" network. There are no gaurantees reguarding data delivery.

In the end it is caveat emptor. Read and understand your end user agreement with your ISP.

Read my first post. No notice. Just the unilateral decision to block all e-mail from anywhere not in the USA. That includes ".tv" (Tavalu?) which is popular in the Southern California area.

From http://text.broadbandreports.com/shownews/58230

I spent 2 hours on the phone with Verizon in the last 24 hours.
I was told that for "security reasons", Verizon IS blocking ALL out of the US emails. They, also, admit that "verification", "bounce back", and "automated response" emails are not getting through.
I can NOT update my MS "passport". I can NOT get support from KAV. I can NOT get "reply notifications" from any forum, including this one.
Their support tech got on my PC any verified all my setting are correct and admits it's a Verizon problem.

Their solution:
Every time I DON'T receive an email, I should call Verizon and they will manually add these URLs to only MY emails allow list. It will take approximately 2 weeks for the changes to take place.
Is this for real?