FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A321XLR Signature Class suites, CR9/E75 and 787/777 refreshes (M. Nasr interview)
Old May 26, 2023, 6:55 am
Doors Closing

Programs: AC, AS, BA Silver/OW Sapphire, DL, SQ/*A Silver, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by RatherBeInYOW
Super disappointing for me as someone who buys a lot of PY but never J. Their "well we'll use it on NA routes too where PY is in lower demand" answer is pretty weak - I guess they figure cramming in a few more Y seats will make them more money that a couple of rows of PY, but I think they'll be very substantially weakening their TATL product offering. I flew the SAS A321-XLR in PY and the hard product was pretty much identical to the AC A220 J seat and I was pretty happy with it, and the PY cabin was completely full. I guess I care a lot less about getting YOW-LHR/FRA back again now on these planes, thanks AC.
Lack of PY in NA might be tolerable yet TATL routes have a PY value proposition that is hard to ignore. Indeed, the TATL/TPAC PY cabins tend to be packed, hitting the sweet spot for many people.

An avid PY pax, and anyway not a great fan of narrow bodies on TATL/long-haul, the doing away with PY seems like a real miss