FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Concorde diverted to CWL
View Single Post
Old Sep 18, 03, 4:13 am
Gaza

Programs: Lowest of the low in all airline programs but I am in the EZY FF Program!
This type of reporting really annoys me!

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Engineers from a south Wales repair centre travelled to inpect the jet, but only specially-trained staff are allowed to work on the plane, so it spent the night on the runway.</font>
Spent the night on the runway??? Bollox! It spent the night at the airport. CWL management said normal operations were not disrupted therefore it was nowhere near the runway.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Despite apologies from the airline, many passengers were furious at the delay.

"We sat on the Tarmac for an hour before they opened a special runway for us".</font>
What the f*** i this guy talking about? "Special runway"?

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Mr Crelly added: "There was no communication we suddenly just dropped. The air crew suddenly packed everything up and told us the captain was very busy but would speak to us shortly. Finally he came on the line to tell us what had happened."</font>
What did he expect? The Flight Deck are suddenly faced with a problem and under a high workload and Mr Crelly expects them to communicate immediatley. I would rather they addressed the problem, got the aircraft stable and in to a safe state.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">The couple said they would be seeking compensation for the cost of their trip which they described as "the best part of 10,000".</font>
No doubt BA will compensate them for the problems on Concorde.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">New Yorker Patricia Ayearst said she was very angry at the way the passengers had been treated.

"It was pretty scary. There was a sound like we'd hit a brick wall."</font>
What did she want them to do. Try to reach LHR? I'm sure she would have been well pissed off if it had ran out of fuel somewhere over Berkshire!

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">"The flight was wonderful and the dinner was wonderful," she said. "They just had engine trouble and they did what they had to. They've done what was sufficient.</font>
At last, sanity!

------------------
Gaza's oneworld & Star Alliance Round the World Information Pages - www.rtw-info.co.uk