FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ 4A1 - Questions relating to the French co-branded FB Amex card
Old May 3, 2023, 8:53 am
flyertalker00143
Suspended

Originally Posted by maalloc
Here's a fresh update for Amex FB Gold holders.
After calling Amex support a few weeks back when I'd been told my annual fees would be "automatically waived" because I charge > 20k€/year on it, I had the (semi)-surprise to see that I was actually billed on my anniversary a few days ago.

Calling Amex support again, I was told that it was a mistake from the agent that enabled the automatic waiver (?) and that it was not actually set up for my account (???).
So it's not as automatic as for Silver FB Amexes.
maybe a hiccup in the system

my Amex anniversary is today (statement every 3rd of the month), I was not billed for the annual fee and I got my FB bonus XP a few days ago. So it worked fine for me. Instead of billing them and getting a credit to cancel the amount, there was simply no billing at all this year.

but anyway that's a strange response from the agent you got, because it's configured to be automatic, so everyone is concerned, either it's waived for no one or for all, but there is no exception. They will fix it on your next statement then. You'll get a credit.

here is a screen capture of my statement as of today