FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Hanoi, Vietnam [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Dec 20, 2004, 1:06 am
lesmiz99

Review of Sheraton Hanoi

We had spent a total of 8 nights at the Sheraton Hanoi early this month. Here're some observations that I hope some would find useful:

i. The hotel is undergoing renovation on its top floors, so be prepared for some pretty loud work from 9 am -5 pm. This was not reflected on its website.

ii. We were upgraded to a Junior Suite, which was more than adequate for the two of us. Decor's pretty much understated with lots of red wood around. Somehow, I felt that the suite lacked sufficient lighting.

iii. There's a decent Executive Lounge on the 17th floor. Continental food in the day, and canapes/alcoholic drinks in the evening. Unfortunately, there's nothing to nibble on during the day - just coffee/tea and soda. Some light snacks such as cookies would be much appreciated.

iv. Being PL, one could breakfast at either the restaurant in the lounge or in the Executive lounge. We always went to the former. The food was good, with a pretty wide selection; there's even real pure honey. (Other PL benefits include: light pressing, free internet and local calls, and welcome drink)

v. All in all, I would give the place 3 out of five stars. It's an OK place but THE biggest room for improvement must be the English language skills of its employees and its customer service in the restaurant in the lounge. They were not exactly warm and forthcoming:

- On our first breakfast there, the lady manning the egg station literally grunted her disapproval that we asked for a boiled egg but the water in her pot was already cold.
- A surly waiter simply nodded when we asked for coffee and carried on setting the table; had to ask another waiter for the coffee.
- There's this cashier lady who demands that you sign for the breakfasts, even though you explain till you're blue in your face that the breakfast is included. (We were doubly billed for this).
- And they start frowing when you're there 10-20 minutes before breakfast ends (at 10 am).