FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Could interest some folks here - Hilton "Diamond Club" for ~ $A200 a year
Old Dec 19, 2004, 11:10 pm
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
I have taken the $400 dual-membership deal the last two years. I rarely use it for business travel since I do so little domestic travel now and Hiltons are not on our Australian prefered hotel list. But I use it as a kind of pre-paid holiday for Mrs NM.

We are using a $55 voucher and a $120 voucher this week at BNE Hilton as it is Mrs NM's birthday and we decided to take the Mini's with us this time to see the Christams windows at Myer and the Christmas lights at King George Square - and to do some last minute Christmas shopping.

These two voucher stays count towards HHonors elite status stays/nights, but do not earn HH points (pitty since I am currently on a tripple points bonus until Feb). Still get the HH Diamond benefits of lounge access etc. Unfortunately this time I won't get a room upgrade since BNE Hilton only has adjoining rooms in their "Deluxe" rooms, not on the exec floor.

I have had some difficulty at times getting availability on the cheap vouchers. I tried to use some in Perth for Mrs NM a few weeks back and they could not find even one night any time over a week period (weekend, weekday, didn't matter). And last time we went into BNE Hilton we could get one night on $55 voucher, but second night had to pay $150 less 20% - still a cheap two night stay.

I have several Member for a Stay vouchers if anyone is interested. These get you the 20% discount and dining discounts etc. These were trown in as a special incentive for me to take up the offer again this year.

By the way, it was ozstamps that scored a bottle of wine when I joined .