FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Status at time of booking vs no status at flight time
Old Mar 19, 2023, 12:01 am
Flying for Fun

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ryandelmundo
The minute I lost my Marriott Titanium, I also lost the corresponding United Silver. Hoping for the best for you but unless there's a glitch, you'll fall off the list when you lose your status.
I am not sure what losing UA Silver status has to do with the poster's question! To put it in relative terms, have you flown any UA flights booked as a UA Silver after you lost UA Silver status? Was the UA Silver status retained? Whatever the outcome, it isn't relative to poster; different airline, different alliance; different IT.

Originally Posted by kf2k3
Booked a flight on AA for an AS flight and it shows "waitlisted" for first due to my AA Platinum status.

My status expires at the end of the month. Will Alaska refresh my status before my flight departs in a few months?

Thanks!
Since AA is the issuing carrier, I think there is a good chance that you will retain your AA Platinum status at flight time.

My partner was AS MVPG75K in 2022 but dropped to Member at the start of 2023. Last fall, I booked 2 international J return itineraries and 1 PE one-way to/from Europe, from AA, on a mix of AA & BA with prime & codeshare flight numbers.

The PE flights, upgraded with an SWU, both became BA prime flight numbers.

In all cases, he had OWE status on the itineraries when flown.

It appears that AA does not refresh Elite status once the PNR is booked; at least with AS FF#s

James

Last edited by Flying for Fun; Mar 19, 2023 at 12:06 am