FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Customer Service Cannot Get Any Worse
View Single Post
Old Mar 18, 2023, 8:32 pm
steveholt

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Originally Posted by Schmoo111
After lack of travel due to illness. I finally returned to regain my status by using a BA credit card on BA.COM to purchase business transatlantic rtn. So far Ive had these issues in 2 days:
1. Does not reflect One world status (ba ‘not our issue call OneWorld’) there is no contacting OW…
2. Using ‘Chase10’ when buying ticket should have given me 10% off…it did not. Ba ‘try using it next time’…..(omg) or canx your ticket and rebook it but we will only give you $300 refund as it’s been 2 days…
3. Called to change one leg. Everything was the same time, date, connection, price..just wanted to change it so the LHR to PHL was with BA and not AA (I wanted to depart from term 5…BA: ‘well sure but there’s a price change’ Me: why? Your site is showing the exact same fare? BA: No I recalculated the trip and it will cost you another $9745.00 Me: I’m dumbfounded

Point here is there is no way to call a ‘reasonable’ office/dept its all these foreign call centers with zero room for common sense. Maybe BA figures customers will hang up in frustration and just give up and deal with it? I cannot! It’s the principle, how does BA rep tell someone they are going to pay $9k MORE for a flight that was under $3k just to change a terminal? (It would be a admin charge at most). BA not honoring the 10% by saying ‘you never used the code, it’s not automatic’ is BS! What happened to BA? I was so excited to be starting my journey with multiple flights this year but this has ruined any decent opinion I had of BA. The fact BA does not allow a way for patrons to elevate these issues is a serious indication of don’t give a sh*% prerogative.

Do you think customers will actually start going elsewhere? Or just deal with it because it’s less hassle than moving to another airline?
OK.
1) What isn't reflected? It sounds like you have frequent flyer status with one airline and you have a different frequent flyer number attached to the reservation? BA should be able to replace this, but I'm not sure why you didn't enter that in when you made the reservation.
2) Why didn't you address the 10% BA code issue within 24 hours of the flight? This isn't some new post-pandemic policy; you can only cancel a ticket within 24 hours of booking for a full refund. You didn't enter in the right code and didn't bother to look up the correct one. I'm not sure what you think BA was doing before the pandemic relative to now.
3) Is your ticket BA-plated? AA-plated? It's possible that you may not be able to switch the way you're suggesting as ticketed, but I would recommend you call back and try again.

BA's customer service is hardly legendary, but these seem like issues of your own doing.

Last edited by steveholt; Mar 18, 2023 at 8:46 pm