FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA charges to pre-assign World Traveller Plus seats?
Old Mar 18, 2023, 6:08 pm
steveholt

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Originally Posted by Sheikh Yerbooty
I’m sure you’re right, and shouldn’t have used the term “full-fare”. But, honestly, all I care about is a ticket reading “business class”.

(Rant=on)
And when it does read “business" we’re talking prices of USD 4000 and upwards for a hop across the salty divide, which may not be full-fare but should be more than enough to include seat selection. And it is with every other airline bar BA that I’ve ever been onboard. Penny-pinching by braking it down in fare classes is a rip-off, and so far off industry standard it’s deplorable.
(Rant=off).

There, feel better now
If BA charged $4000 and up for business class, I would agree with you. BA J is routinely, even often, available for less than $4K across the pond.

Other airlines do charge for seat selection in J in certain fare classes. QR comes to mind. EK had "special" business class fares that didn't offer seat selection, although I'm not sure if those still exist post-pandemic. LX charges for selecting certain desirable J seats. I'm sure others will have examples, too.