FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A tail of two flights
View Single Post
Old Mar 18, 2023, 4:00 pm
atsak

Programs: Hilton Gold Mariott Gold Aeroplan E25K SAS Gold NEXUS
Originally Posted by tennessetom
Honestly, if this is what you are the most disappointed in you haven’t flown enough or have had rather good luck. Keep in mind when you travel abroad sometimes things just are different to what they are at home, when gates are assigned being one of those things it is the way it is done in many countries I am not a fan of the way ba boards but some how in all the mess it works so I just deal with it
Don't know I can agree I don't fly enough. Two round trip flights a year overseas at least, and hundreds in Canada / US over the last 20 years or so. Could be very lucky I guess that's true - I've never had a lost bag, I've had only a handful of cancellations and that seems to be unusually fortunate. It is fair to say this is all somewhat nit picky. I think I can't understate how any of these in and of themselves wouldn't be anything more than a minor annoyance, but the aggregate experience was disappointing. As well as another poster correctly pointed out, not all of this is down to BA. There's a couple Heathrow and Pearson things in there as well.

I am not for a moment suggesting the way things are done in NA is the way they should be done everywhere (in fact, I wouldn't say there's much at all that's good about the aviation industry here, but the apps do work and gates are available in advance, albeit with the gate change hassle on occasion). I just really don't care for the way the gate posting works in the UK. You're of course correct it does work, and of course I do deal with it.