FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Missing numerous PE amenities - complaint worthy?
Old Mar 18, 2023, 9:27 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Missing numerous PE amenities - complaint worthy?

A recent HNL-DFW flight in PE was missing several of the advertised amenities:

1.) No noise-reducing headphones (apologetically told they weren't loaded, but Biz customers had them)
2.) blanket and pillow were not Casper. Flimsy blanket, narrow pillow.
3.) Meal was a shrink wrapped turkey sandwich in a cardboard box.

The ticket was sold as PE on a flagship route, so these weren't just considered MCE seats on a domestic flight with the reduced service that goes with them. So, while I can certainly fire off a customer service email, I'm not sure how far that will go. That they don't treat a long haul flagship flight as it's marketed is a big let down.

I flew UA PE from ORD-HNL on a shiny new 3 month old 787-10. The PE seats were identical, but with full leg/root rests in every row. UA, however, does not advertise an amenity kit or bedding so I wasn't miffed when those weren't provided. The overall experience on that 9 1/2 hour flight was enjoyable versus the AA 7 1/2 hour flight that lacked so many advertised components. I only wound up on the UA leg because AA was charging a significant amount more on the date I was flying.

Last edited by PHL; Mar 18, 2023 at 9:40 am