FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Grand Wailea, A Waldorf Astoria Resort {US-HI}
Old Mar 17, 2023, 7:08 pm
gaobest
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
Originally Posted by comeflywme
Is it foolish of me to assume that (hopefully) most of us on Flyertalk stay on pts? Cash prices for high end resorts are always gonna be absurd. On top of that, when paying cash, you gotta pay taxes/resort fees making it extremely absurd. Then you’re prob gonna spend hundreds on F&B which amounts to thousands of dollars … and for what?!?! I’m sorry but a lot of these resorts start to feel the same after a while … and with all the data points available, you gotta go points or go home.
My spouse & I have paid cash - $700/night or so, plus $675-ish/day for cabana rental. 2017-2019. Fun memories because we’re not returning at $1300/night when the water elevator is broken.

we don’t have many Hilton points and I get confused by MS.

Originally Posted by tjbrooks
I got bumped from my Grand Wailea bookings in Feb because SAP bought out the …
Only thing that was nice was we did have use of the Grand Wailea pools, and it was only the international SAP folks who had arrived, so it was near empty. We often had the rope swing/slides to ourselves. 80% of pool chairs empty, all but a couple cabanas unused. Almost surreal. They were setting up for a Katy Perry concert on the lawn between the Grand Wailea pools and the Four Seasons. The pool at the Ho'olei was pretty nice, with a neat waterfall, but fairly small.
Super surreal! I loved the rope jump. Wow.