FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - On Board Dog & Allergy
View Single Post
Old Mar 17, 2023, 5:03 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Professor Yaffle
You cant really compare serious peanut allergies which can kill with sneezing and the odd rash from being near a dog. People are only prescribed epi-pens if they really need them (trust me, even then they can be very hard to get hold of). But on the flipside, if an allergy sufferer claims they cant fly without something and they havent got their medication, it is their issue and they should be told they cant fly without it.
All allergies can be potentially serious, and the only thing about peanuts is that it is the most common in the Western hemisphere. I work in this area and I'm familiar with some people who have really wretched lives as a result of their allergies and compromised immune systems. Some people have epi-pens for the risk of anaphylaxis induced by dogs, others for alcohol, others for things like lentils (and they really do get everywhere in mass food production).